What is Lustre Paint: Know Prices, How to Apply
Paints have the remarkable ability to transform the appearance of a space, and lustre paint is no exception. Lustre paint, a popular choice for interior paints, adds a subtle sheen to walls, creating a beautiful and reflective finish. When it comes to house painting, understanding what lustre paint is, its prices, and how to apply it can make a significant difference in achieving the desired aesthetic for your home.
|IN THIS ARTICLE|
What is Lustre Paint?
Lustre paint is a type of finish that falls between matte and gloss paints on the sheen spectrum. It offers a delicate, subtle sheen that imparts a soft glow to your walls, providing a touch of elegance and sophistication to your interior space. This type of finish is highly sought after in house painting due to its ability to reflect light and create a visually pleasing ambience.
Lustre paint is an ideal choice for various interior spaces, including living rooms, bedrooms, dining areas, and even kitchens. The paints’ versatility makes it a top contender among interior paints, as it can complement a wide range of design styles, from traditional to modern. The understated shine of lustre paint adds depth to the walls, making them appear more luxurious and inviting.
Lustre Paint Prices
The price of lustre paint can vary based on factors like brand, quality, and quantity. High-end brands tend to be more expensive due to their superior quality, while local brands might offer more affordable options. It’s essential to consider your budget and the specific needs of your house painting project when choosing a paint.
Here are some Paint Prices of a few brands you can select from –
|Brand||Price per litre|
|Asian Paints||Rs 400 to 900|
|Dulux||Rs 450 to 1850|
|Berger||Rs 470 to 1000|
|Nerolac||Rs 540 to 900|
*Prices may fluctuate according to area, colour, and quantity
How to Apply Lustre Paint
Applying lustre paint correctly is crucial to achieving the desired finish and appearance. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply lustre paint for house painting:
- Preparation: Clean and repair the surface. Remove dirt, dust, and grease. Smooth out imperfections, like cracks or holes, by sanding.
- Primer: Apply primer if needed. It improves paint adhesion and color consistency. Separate primers are recommended for best results.
- Paint Selection: Choose a high-quality lustre paint in your preferred color. Thoroughly stir the paint for even sheen and color.
- Cutting In: Begin by “cutting in” edges and corners with a brush. Paint a narrow strip along areas the roller can’t reach.
- Rolling: Use a roller to cover larger wall areas. Roll the paint in a “W” or “M” pattern for even coverage.
- Work in Sections: Divide the wall into manageable sections. Paint one section at a time to maintain a wet edge and prevent visible marks.
- Multiple Coats: Depending on coverage and desired sheen, apply multiple coats. Let each coat dry thoroughly before adding the next.
- Cleanup: Clean brushes, rollers, and spills promptly using recommended cleaning agents from the paint manufacturer.
- Finishing Touches: After the paint dries, inspect for touch-ups and imperfections. Address any areas needing extra attention.
- Enjoy Your Space: Once the lustre paint has fully dried and cured, bask in the enhanced beauty it brings to your interior. The soft sheen elevates your home’s ambience and aesthetics.
In conclusion, lustre paint is a versatile option among interior paints, making it a popular choice for house painting projects. Its ability to add a subtle sheen to walls can elevate the overall look and feel of your home. Understanding lustre paint prices and how to apply it correctly will help you achieve the desired result, turning your house into a beautiful and inviting space that reflects your personal style. Whether you’re embarking on a DIY painting project or hiring a professional, lustre paint is a fantastic option to consider for transforming your living spaces.