How To Ensure a Bright Diwali Glow at Home?
Want to glow as bright as the lights in Diwali? Nothing is impossible if you take care of your skin the right way! Skip salons which you can expect to be crowded in the festive season. Stay safe and opt for at-home body care to save both time and money. Here are some tips to glow your best on Diwali.
Remove Unwanted Body Hair
Start with getting rid of unwanted body hair to bring out the natural glow of your skin. Don’t grab the razor. You want to show your smooth skin, not bristly stubble or nicks. So, bring on ready-to-use cold wax strips to remove hair from legs, backs, underarms, arms and other areas. These won’t burn your skin, unlike hot wax. Instead, they often contain moisturizing and nourishing formulations of:
- Almond Oil and Vitamin E for sensitive skin
- Aloe Vera for dry skin
- Shea Butter for normal skin
It is super easy to use these wax strips. Cut them into desired lengths to accurately depilate an area. Apply a strip on your skin along the hair growth direction. After waiting for a few minutes, pull it out. Waxing gives you the benefits:
- Instant depilation (of even 1.5 mm hair) from the roots for smooth skin up to 28 days! So, even if you depilate days before Diwali, it’ll be good enough.
- With repeated use, hair grows back thinner and fewer.
- Exfoliation happens along with hair removal!
- The best wax strips come with the fragrance of berries or lotus flowers!
Another hair remover for smooth legs, arms and back is a depilatory cream. A good hair removal cream comes with a spatula. You can use it to spread the cream against the direction of hair growth. Wait for 3-6 minutes and glide the tool the opposite way. Advantages?
- Hair removal close to the roots.
- Smooth skin lasting longer than after shaving.
- The best hair removal cream contains moisturizing and fragrance technologies.
Apply a Skin Lightening Natural Facial
Time to get a golden glow with turmeric and clear skin with gram flour! These ingredients lighten skin tone and also remove any skin tan. To prepare the paste, blend:
- 1tsp lemon juice and olive oil
- 3tbsp gram flour
- A pinch of turmeric powder
Apply on your skin. Leave it for 10-15 minutes. Finally, wash thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Use a Homemade Exfoliator
The best wax strips for legs and other body parts will already exfoliate your skin during depilation. Just go for another round of exfoliation on the day of Diwali. For that, prepare a honey sugar paste by mixing:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
Scrub the mixture on your skin and reveal your inner glow. Honey also moisturises your skin while benefitting it with antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Plus it can cure sun damage and destroy germs on your skin.
Follow the above tips to expose your glowing skin and turn heads as you boldly sport that backless, sleeveless or off-shoulder dress this Diwali!